All new undergraduate students are required to attend the Day of Convocation. This is an opportunity for incoming students to come together for their first official university event.
What do I wear?
- Get your "Day One" T-shirt at 49er New Year on Sunday, August 20 from 4:30-6:30pm in the Student Activity Center (SAC).
- If you can't make it to 49er New Year, you may pick up your t-shirt Monday morning at the UCAE office in Colvard 2300.
- On Monday, wear your shirt, dress casually, and wear comfortable shoes.
Where do I go?
Find your college below and check in at that morning meeting location at the time listed.
- Honors College - 8:00 a.m. | Levine Hall, Honors College Seminar Rooms 183 and 184
- College of Arts + Architecture - 10:00am | Storrs 110
- Belk College of Business - 10:15 am | Belk Plaza
- College of Computing and Informatics - 7:30 am to 8:30 am | Woodward Courtyard "Wings of Pride" sculpture
- Cato College of Education - 10:00 am | Colleges of Education and Health and Human Services Courtyard
- William States Lee College of Engineering - 9:00 am / 9:30 am | Hawthorn Hall (FLC) / Hauser Alumni Pavillion
- College of Health & Human Services - 10:00 am | Colleges of Education and Health and Human Services Courtyard
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences - 9:00 am | James H. Barnhardt Student Activity Center Dale Halton Arena
- University College - 9:00 am | Student Union 3rd Floor Multipurpose room
What do I do?
- Wear your shirt and show up on time!
- The New Student Convocation Ceremony is attended by faculty and students to officially welcome and induct new undergraduate students into the UNC Charlotte community of learners.
- You will be escorted into the Dale Halton Arena by student volunteers.
- Doors open at 10:30am and you will sit with your college classmates. The ceremony will be held from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- During the ceremony, you will learn about UNC Charlotte’s history, mission, values, and academic expectations.
- Just as graduation marks the completion of a course of study, Convocation marks the beginning of the new students’ academic journey at UNC Charlotte.
After the Ceremony
- After the ceremony, proceed to collegiate and departmental specific programming.
- Check times and locations on the detailed college schedules here. The schedule is also included in the Niner DestiNation app.
- Classes scheduled between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm will not meet on Monday, August 21. Classes meeting at 5:00 pm or later will be held as scheduled.
Disability Access Accommodation Requests
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations to participate in the Day of Convocation should contact Katie Montie, ADA Project Coordinator, in the Office of Disability Services at KatieMontie@uncc.edu or 704-687-0040.
- Early requests are encouraged, two weeks will generally allow us time to provide seamless access.