All new undergraduate students are required to attend the Day of Convocation. This is an opportunity for incoming students to come together for your first official university event!
What do I wear?
- Get your "Day One" T-shirt at 49er New Year on Sunday, August 18 from 5:00pm - 6:30pm in the Student Activity Center (SAC).
- If you can't make it to 49er New Year, you may pick up your t-shirt Monday morning after 8:00am at the UCAE office in Colvard 2300.
- On Monday, wear your shirt, dress casually, and wear comfortable shoes.
Where do I go?
Your program varies based on your college. Please click on your college below for a detailed schedule.
- College of Arts + Architecture
- Belk College of Business
- College of Computing and Informatics
- Cato College of Education
- William States Lee College of Engineering
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- University College
- Honors College
What do I do?
- Wear your shirt and show up on time!
- The New Student Convocation Ceremony is attended by faculty and students to officially welcome and induct new undergraduate students into the UNC Charlotte community of learners.
- You will be escorted into the Halton Arena by student volunteers.
- Doors open at 10:30 am and you will sit with your college classmates. The ceremony will be held from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- During the ceremony, you will learn about UNC Charlotte’s history, mission, values, and academic expectations.
- Just as graduation marks the completion of a course of study, Convocation marks the beginning of the new students’ academic journey at UNC Charlotte.
After the Ceremony
- After the ceremony, proceed to collegiate and departmental specific programming.
- Check times and locations on the detailed college schedules. The schedules will also be included in the Niner DestiNation app.
- Classes scheduled between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm will not meet on Monday, August 19. Classes meeting at 5:00 pm or later will be held as scheduled.
Disability Access Accommodation Requests
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations to participate in the Day of Convocation should contact Katie Montie, ADA Project Coordinator, in the Office of Disability Services at KatieMontie@uncc.edu or 704-687-0043.
- Early requests are encouraged, two weeks will generally allow us time to provide seamless access.